Sunday, December 18, 2011

Index Complete: Farewell To The Abstract Index On CIUT

Dear friends:

January 5, 2012 will mark the final edition of the Abstract Index on CIUT FM.

I am excited to announce that I have recently been hired to be the Artistic Director at Toronto's Music Gallery. This is a full time position. Upon reviewing my freelance and volunteer activities I have decided that I can no longer commit 6-10 hours a week to producing and hosting the Abstract Index.

It's not only the time commitment. After having celebrated 10 years of the Abstract Index and 25 years at CIUT this year, I feel it's time to move on and give someone else the opportunity to make magic over the airwaves. I've had a wonderful run but there are moments in everyone's life when you know it's time to move on.

I will continue to do occasional podcasts of the Abstract Index from home. These won't start immediately, nor will they be weekly. But I'll keep the name alive.

In the meantime, I'm throwing a party to celebrate this joyous transition. Please join me and friends at the Henhouse (1532 Dundas St. W.) on Friday January 6, the day after my final broadcast. You can find details on Facebook, but there's not much more to tell, really - just good times, good tunes and an above average amount of intoxicants. If you're in Toronto, I hope to see you there!

Thanks for all your support over the years - you are the reason CIUT keeps going.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home